Why join the Adam Thoroughgood Chapter, NSDAR?
The Adam Thoroughgood Chapter, NSDAR, is a growing and active chapter with approximately 55 members and associate members. Our chapter is involved in all levels of the Daughters of the American Revolution, both locally and at a state and national level. We are a diverse group of ladies who share a love of history, genealogy, education, patriotism, historical preservation, and fellowship. Here are just a few of the many activities available to our members:
- Programs on history, preservation, genealogy, and education.
- Presenting citizenship awards and scholarships in local schools.
- Promoting literacy.
- Celebrating new American citizens at naturalization ceremonies.
- Promoting patriotism in the community.
- Supporting our veterans and active military.
- Participating in conservation and preservation projects.
- Making new friends and developing leadership skills.
Over two hundred and forty years ago, American Revolutionary Patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes for the freedoms we enjoy today. Your membership in DAR would honor and preserve the legacy of your Patriot ancestor.
For membership or meeting information, please contact our chapter registrar or our chapter regent. Our meetings are normally held on the second Saturday of each month, September through May in Virginia Beach. We would love to see you at our next meeting!
National Motto: God, Home, and Country