The DAR is dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America’s future through education. Here are some of the ways our chapter supports the DAR’s mission:
- Supporting Vets House for homeless women veterans.
- Providing care packages to armed forces members currently deployed.
- Honoring Veterans through Wreaths Across America.
- Cleaning Veteran headstones.
- Promoting Constitution week.
- Presenting Washington Spies program to elementary children.
- Presenting Flag of the United States program to elementary children.
- Donating books to schools.
- Presenting good citizenship awards to children.
- Supporting essay contests related to United States History.
- Developing Girl Scouts explorer patches.
- Sponsoring naturalization ceremonies.
- Participating in wreath-laying ceremonies.
- Participating in DAR Day of Service projects such as caring for the grounds at the Adam Thoroughgood House.
- Joining in Clean the Bay activities and other conservation efforts.
- Caring for cemeteries and cleaning markers.
- Supporting DAR Library with book donations.
- Promoting preservation of genealogical records.
Today’s DAR and the Adam Thoroughgood Chapter, NSDAR, have a place for you! We normally meet on the second Saturday of each month, September through May. Each meeting includes an interesting program, usually with a guest speaker, covering a wide range of topics related to the DAR mission and of interest to our members. We welcome you to join us!
National Objectives: Historic Preservation, Education, and Patriotism